Afriend of Ulster Weavers, Lily Lester (@lilsbloomsandbakes) has shared a fun and easy 12- step pizza recipe with us! Lily and her son thoroughly enjoyed getting creative with this delicious sloth pizza, inspired by our vibrant Hanging Around Collection.
This scrumptious homemade pizza recipe makes the perfect activity to keep the kids occupied on a rainy day. They will enjoy bringing their dinner to life with healthy and colourful toppings, so why not grab one of our Hanging Around aprons and give it a try!
Easy to make
For the pizza dough
1 Kg/4 Cups of Bread Flour
1 Tablespoon of Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Salt
2 Dried Yeast Sachets (7g each)
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
For the toppings
Method: How to make delicious homemade pizza
1. Put on your Hanging Around Apron.
2. Preheat the oven to1 80 degrees centigrade.
3. Grab a large mixing bowl, and sieve in the flour and salt. Once finished, create a well in the middle.
4. Next, grab a jug and fill it with 650ml of lukewarm water. Add the sugar, oil and yeast, leave for a few minutes, and then pour into the well.
5. Use a spatula to gradually work in the flour from the side of the bowl and mix together until the dough begins to come together.
6. Lightly coat your hands with some flour and knead the dough until smooth and springy.
7. Split the dough into 8 miniature balls and roll each out to make 8 small pizzas.
8. Draw the outline of a sloth on a piece of card and cut out - this is your stencil.
9. Move your pizzas onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and then place the stencil over each pizza, using a knife to carefully trim the dough around the shape.
10. Pick up your tomato passata and pour a small amount into the centre of each pizza, then use a tablespoon to smooth into the edges.
11. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese over the base and use olives, basil and cherry tomatoes to decorate!
12. Place into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Once complete, remove the pizzas using your Ulster Weavers Hanging Around Double Oven Gloves, leave to cool, and enjoy!
We are delighted that Lily and her adorable son shared this yummy pizza recipe with us! If you would like to see more from her, you can visit her Instagram page HERE.
Ulster Weavers Ltd is a home textiles company based in Northern Ireland. Relying on 141 years of knowledge in textile production, Ulster Weavers prides itself on producing high quality products alongside excellent customer service.
Every product is developed by our in house design team to meet the demands of a 21st century market.
Production takes place in various sites throughout the world, including here in Northern Ireland, before undergoing strict testing procedures to uphold the quality of the end product to the highest standard. With an extensive homeware range containing an array of design and colour there is sure to be something to suit every customer. Products available are from our traditional textiles to range extension in melamine, paper and ceramic. Today, the company remains a family business with a worldwide reach.
Shop our full collection of locally designed products via the link below!
More from us...
Did you enjoy this recipe for Homemade Pizza?
Check out our other easy-to-make recipes below!
Great British Bake Off's Val Stones' Lemon and Poppy Seed Madeira Cake
Lemon and Lavender Wildflower Cupcakes The Perfect Summer Treat